Depressed any advice would be helpful.About a year ago, i lost the man i loved, and my unborn child.

I wrote in a journal everyday to keep me sane, and it helped me a lot, i got all my emotions out in that. I still think about him a lot, and i dont have any feelings for him anymore, but yet his face always pops up in my mind. Sometimes Im emotionally in pain, and i dont know why, and it ends up causing physical pain. I just wanna break down, and i wish i could just forget but it seems like its impossible. I have talked to a counciler, but it wasnt something i liked to do, and it didnt seem like it was helping me, thats one thing thats not an option for me anymore. I just dont want to think about him anymore, or anything that happened with him because everytime i do it just brings me down. I mean hes off living this happy life with his new girlfreind, and he already has a baby, and sometimes im happy too, but its just the fact that ill be fine but when im alone, i just start thinking about the past i dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• medication. therepists want to talk it out but psychologists will likely provide you with meds. esp. if the pain is crippeling you, as it seems. blogging helps too. much like a journal but simpler. try 'livejournal.com' it helps you get it out but when your hands won't write because you are crying, try typing it out. if you ever have any things that remind you of him donate them. keeping memories that only make you sad is not what anyone wants to live life with. by donating your time, money, or objects he gave you you will feel better knowing that other people can use them much better. your story sounds like you may have some clinical depression, which with meds can be very much helped. you'r enot alone, I, myself have boarderline personality disorder and anixiety. i get crippeling-ly sad over ANY mishaps that life may throw at me. So please, take control of your feelings. If you need help, ass. It was very brave of you 2 post
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 8:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• You just need to remember that everything happens for a reason. Really, it does! Our lives are already planned out for us and we just have to sit back and let things unfold as they should. He obviously wasn't the right man for you and by dwelling on the past, you could be missing out on some great things right now. You will find the right person...you just need to put yourself out there and give it time. Why not have a day at a spa and get all pampered? Or you could try and new hairstyle or something you've never done before?
    Anonymous

• see your doctor & explain how you are feeling. As far as the counselling goes, I saw 5 before I found someone who I felt comfortable really talking to. It is worth looking for another one, you never know if it will make a difference,
    There are some things that can help a little. First get moving. strenuous exercise releases endorphins which are your natural anti depressants. Make it an unbreakable rule that you will do something every single day.
    St Johns Wort can be helpful, but tell your dr you are taking it if he suggests Antidepresents
    Maybe you can start talking to yourself in a different way. If you find yourself heading down the sad path you can tell yourself to just "STOP" & distract yourself. A simple way is say I can see the lightbulb, I can see..? I can see.. Then close your eyes, I can hear...? three things, Now I can feel... the blanket... 3 things Start again I can see.. it just takes your mind off everything
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• contd repeat it over and over till you feel ready to go on with the day... and stop the sad thoughts before they grab a hold.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i put off getting on medication for years...i've been on meds for a month and feel a million times better...i just got diagnosed with cancer and i'm still less depressed than i was a month ago before the cancer...for me, medication was key
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2010