uti's... why do I keep getting sooo many???

This is driving me crazy... I haven't even finished my meds from my last one (take the last of it tonight).. but last night i started contracting and started burning down then and peeing and all that good stuff.... what the hell is going on I have never had so many, if this is a uti this will be the 3rd one and I am only almost 18 weeks...

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 8:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh and btw it is not being caused from sex or holding my pee.. thanks!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Try drinking lots of water and a glass of cranberry juice a day. I'm not sure why you're getting them so much but I got them a lot with my first pregnancy, more water and cranberry juice helped!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i drink tons of water.. lol I can't stand cramberry juice i gag on it!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• When you pee, and you think you're done, lean forward...this puts pressure on your bladder to make sure it's completely emptied. Cranberry juice works great too. I never got UIT's while pregnant, but I got a lot of them immediately after giving birth.

Good luck with your pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• f you hate cranberry juice there are citrus flavoured effervescent powders you can get at the drug store - Here in Oz they are called citravexcent. They alkaline the urine and makes it not painful - but they don't take away the infection. Still not brilliant tasting but an alternative to cranberry.
    This may be TMI but are you taking care when wiping to go front to back? very important
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• U do know with a UTI it aint good to have sex b/c u can pass it back and forword to each other.
    Anonymous

• I dont know but I have had the same issues with this pregnantcy seems like it stops and then starts right back up
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 11:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Yep I take care when I wipe .. lol :) and about having sex with a uti... well that isn't a problem I HAVE NO SEX DRIVE THE ENTIRE PREGNANCY.... LMAO Thank god my husband is understanding :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You need to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Get cranberry capsules, and take the maxium suggested dosage. Avoid caffeine, added sugar, spicey foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2010