Does a high hcg level mean I shouldn't keep stressing?

The first day of my last period was Jan 24, and I went to the dr's on Monday to do a blood test and my hcg level was 1784, and my progesterone level was 18.9. The nurse left a message saying that I was right where I want to be and that I'd do a blood test again on Thurs to make sure everything is doubling the way it's suppose to. I can't help but thinking about my last pregnancy when my hcg level was a 19, and I miscarried, and I literally stress out about EVERYTHING.

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you have those sort of levels everything is exactly on track. It is perfect. Most of us don't even have that testing, it is helpful in one way but also worrying for you til Thursday. Now you need to do some deep breathing and bring your heart rate and stress level down, because that is the only thing not perfect right now. Deep breaths, talk to yourself and calm yourself. Talk to the baby and tell her everything that you are looking forward to with her. go for a long slow walk and concentrate on being calm.
    You will be okay. It is all Perfect right now, so enjoy that.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I agree with myheart. Everything sounds perfect. All you can do is relax and wait. I know how hard that is, i've been through multiple miscarriages. The best thing is to try to keep the stress level down and stay optimistic :)
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 10:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Deff quit stressing!! i have had many miscarriages & dreaded hearing low numbers but if your right where you need to be then your right where you need to be. i know it's easier said than done but try to relax! looks like this baby is ready for the long haul!! congrats!
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much for all your comments...makes me feel SOOO much better. Love, Michelle
    mire621

Answer by mire621 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2010