do you feel like this sometimes (single mommy) anyone is welcome to answer it

soo im 18 and a single mommy to a wonderful baby boy who is a year old..so when my son was turning a year his dad decided to leave when he left he told me he didnt love me no more he kept coming back but one time he actually admitted to have had a girlfriend when he left me..its been 6 months and his with that girl..he doesnt come around no more he is focused on her and only her they are getting married.i dont talk bad to my son about his dad i dont mention him nobody does really when im around my family its like nobody even knew him my mom holds a grudge against him and she hates hearing about him..up to now im okay i goto school and work..so my question is i sometimes i feel like nobody would take me serious like everybody sees me but they dont see my kid..i feel lonely all the time:is it wrong to hate him its a long story to tell he was an a hole put it like that;im just afraid my son will never have a father figure

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• You're still very young, I was a young single mom at one point too. Now I'm married to the most wonderful man ever with 3 more children. Keep your head held high and don't fall for the bad guys, have higher expectations for yourself and your little one.
    Anonymous

• Your still young and there is a whole world of options out there for you..just don't settle. Try not to hate the father because in time you'll be over him and you'll just want your boy to have a drama free relationship with him. So be as nice as you can, encourage him to spend time with his son. Your still coming into your own, just remember that a healthy relationship is when your with someone who raises your self esteem and supports you.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• is it wrong to hate him?
    hmmmm. wrong? perhaps only to yourself. do you think that he is really bothered if you are so hurt that you hate him? i doubt it. there are only two people who are going to suffer from your angry passion. I'm sure you know which two people i am referring too. Your child is young now, but one day he will ask questions. One day he may want to meet his father, try to make a relationship. OR one day your ex might come around and try to turn himself from a father into a dad.
    Don't worry about your ex or what he's doing (or not doing). It doesn't matter. you can't control it. Worry about yourself and your son. Love him and yourself. take care of your little family. And one day you might meet someone worthy enough to receive the affection of your son and family that he can call daddy. your still young!

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Your son is only a year old. There is plenty of time. Don't waste the time on hating bio dad, it just keeps him in control of your life.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2010