wedding questions?????

We are getting married on april 10th and we were told we should pick out 2 kids (older) to be our alter servers, we asked 2 but they want to know what will they be doing. What would they be doing? (we are catholic if that helps) I googled it and got nothing basically.

My other question is it tacky if we make our own fresh flower bouquets for my bridesmaids, I cant afford the $35-45 dollars the flower shops want per bridesmaid. I saw some really pretty ones that are always available, plus the wedding is right after easter. I dont know how to store the flowers over night, does anyone know how to help them stay fresh throughout the next day?

TAY-NATESMOM

Asked by TAY-NATESMOM at 10:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• put them in the frig maybe they put them in coolers in the flower shops
    Anonymous

• i had my son as a ring boy and my neice as the flower girl...maybe thats kinda the same. i used fake flowers. The lady that took my pictures didnt know they were even fake until i handed her mine and she was like "oh my goodness, those are so beautiful, i thought they were real"...i got married april 11th. it will be 1 yr. for us this april. best wishes!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• you could call a florist and ask about the refridgerating...but maybe they will have some great deals since it will be right after easter and you can just pick something up from there.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I actually went to Strack and van tills our grocery store here in Indiana. They have a floral section that is real nice. They made flowers arrangments for my 5 bridesmaids and my bouquet all for $100 and they were beautiful!
    Now Alter servers....never heard of it
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 10:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• and you can store the flowers in the fridge
    rochellecole

• How can you be Catholic and not know the duties of an altar server?

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-an-Altar-Server-in-the-Catholic-Church
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Umm because I never was one, and I have only been to 2 weddings and they werent catholic. You didnt have to be smart about it. Just b/c I am catholic doesnt mean I know everything.
    TAY-NATESMOM

Answer by TAY-NATESMOM at 7:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2010