Do you think Obama is a weak leader?

why? why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. I do think he is a weak leader. Why? Because he does not come to decision easily and he does not seem to understand the consequences of his decisions. (and I feel the same way about many other politicians, just to be clear, but this particular question is about Obama so that is all I am answering about). I can look at his time in the senate and see his voting record to know that this is a pattern, not just careful thinking and decision making. He has not made his opinion on many subjects made clear. Now there are only two reasons for that in my book. 1. He doesn't have an opinion. OR 2. He doesn't want everyone to know what his opinion is. Either way, failing to have or hiding an opinion is not a quality I look for in a leader.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• His actions have shown him to be very weak, especially, as far as other countries are concerned. And as Quinn said, he cannot make decisions, that's for sure. Honestly, I don't think he cares one way or the other, he is bound and determined to push his progressive agenda off on "we the people", no matter what. Some say it's disconnect but imo, he and his crew choose to ignore the majority and I don't see that as weakness, I see that as arrogance...

2
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Oh I don't know...I thought everyone here at CM tthinks he had decided to make America a Socialistic nation and that he is working very hard to do it. Right? That must mean he is being a very determined and strong leader.....
    Nahhhh, just kiddin' . But what about it?
    I just don't have an answer ......have no idea.
    Anonymous

• I think most people have not given him much of a chance. The country went to hell in a handbasket right before he was elected. He inherited a mess. You can not fix everything in a year.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No, however, I don't believe that he has surrounded himself with the strongest people for the job. So, I guess from that perspective yes, from his ability and decisions, no. Oh, but I do wish he would divide up the HC thing. And we could do it step by step, but that is me, and does not define him as weak.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Nobody expects him to fix anything in a year. Or ever. Politicians don't usually fix much, they just mess it up worse than it was before. Obama is doing just that.
    What I do expect from a leader is the ability to not contradict oneself at every turn. He says he is a free market guy, but he wants to have government run health care. He wants government to own a majority of shares of GM.
    He goes to other countries and says that we are too arrogant and that he will work to make our relationships with other countries better. THEN he makes another trip to tell the rest of the world how they should handle polution and production of products in their countries - now isn't THAT a little arrogant? He says one thing and does another. I expect better from a good leader.
    Anonymous

• No. I think because he's very different from our previous leader, some people may view his lack of making decisions hastily as a weakness. However, I do not. I do think that sometimes he takes too long to make a decision, however I don't think that means he is weak. I honestly don't think any man or woman who runs this nation is a weak leader. Sure, it's easy for us to say "ya he's weak"... but do you think you're strong enough to do what he does?

I don't think any president of this nation has ever been a weak leader, if they were they would've never been elected.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No. He is a different type of leader than we have had in a while. I can see where others might see him as week, but I don't. I like the thought he puts into things, the fact that he is not afraid to change his mind, and be ok with it, the fact that he is open to positions other than his own. To me, that is a strong leader.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes. He's a joke. A good leader listens to his people. He apparently thinks he's above that and he's destroying this country trying to do what HE thinks is best because he apparently thinks we're too stupid to know what's best for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I don't know that WEAK is the one word I would choose to describe his leadership (or lack thereof). He is not a weak person, he is quite determined to shape this country into what HE wants it to be, rather than leading it. And, he is doing a bang-up job of leading us down a road that we DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN! He is NOT listening to anyone but his inner circle of Chicago cronies / thugs who have no idea what it means to be in the positions that they are in (except for Axelrod, who has some experience).
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2010