Why do obese people feel that those who live healthy lifestyles are f**king up their kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How do you know they feel that way? Have lots of obese people told you this? I think it's more likely that they're jealous that they aren't living a healthy lifestyle themselves and being a better example for their children.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• It just strikes a nerve so they lash out.
    Anonymous

• For some people food=love.
    t1gger143

Answer by t1gger143 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• They probably personalize it and feel judged and therefore feel that the healthy living crowd are judging their kids. They don't realize that people who are living a healthy lifestyle are just passing good habits to their kids, not judging them. After all, we all want what is best for our kids. We just don't all agree on what represents the best.
    Anonymous

• I don't know. But I DO know I am so tired of the "F" word.
    Anonymous

• I am a preschool teacher and there is one child in my classroom who is on a very healthy diet, however, I think that it is doing her more harm than good. The mother does not let her have anything other than what is on her list. While that is good and all, later in life when the child is the one making the decisions, I think it will come back and be a negative thing. All foods are good in moderation. However, the mother is depriving her child of being able to learn this. I honestly think that when the child is older, she will either be anorexic or bulimic. It's not so much about the food, but the way the mother is teaching her about it. I think the mother has the child's best interest at heart, but she is really missing out on the important lessons on nutrition and food habits.

Anonymous

• With so many kids having food allergies now, I am not surprised that there are mothers that are very protective of what their kids can eat. I know a little boy with a pepper allergy. Pepper is in so much stuff. His mother needs to bring him his own food when we have a class party. Your kids, your rules. My kids, my rules. Keep in mind, you might not know everything about the family history with food or allergies.
    Anonymous

• Anon :56, the child does not have an allergy (we have to be notified if she does). The mom stated that her reason for this diet is because she was fat as a child and she doesn't want her child to go through what she did. I understand that, but I think it is more important to talk and model moderation rather than you can't have that or that or that and you must eat this and this and this. The mom examines our menu's on a monthly basis and marks out what she can't have. By the time she is done the whole menu is nearly marked out. She does bring the food in herself, but there are several days that she eats the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and snack for 3 or 4 days straight.

Anonymous

• If you are talking about posts here about junk food- there are several schools of thought-none, moderation and as much as they want. How do you know who is obese and who is not?
    The point is there are some on here on the NONE camp that think even moderation is bad, then there are some that think if you restrict than your child will have food issues later. I am happy I am one of the in moderation Moms, I do not need to be right for everyone, I just need to be right for me and my family.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Hey! I'm obese and I dont think that. I have a hard time losing weight due to some issues, but we eat healthy and exercise. My daughter and I go to a gym and my little guy doesnt even get ice cream. I'm not a very jealous person so when i see someone that is fit, i dont even think about them, I may say, wow I love her shoes, or she's got pretty hair. My hubby is the one that eats junk food and he's skinny, my kids are normal in weight. Not everyone is the same.
    Anonymous