Would you be upset if a friend used your baby name?

I had 4 miscarriages and then a son and am now pregnant with another baby and I told my husbands best friends wife we had Alexia picked for a girl and she had her baby today and named her that!!! UGH!!!! I could cry. It makes the fact that I had the miscarriages so much worse like one of them was my chance at having a daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would be ill and tell her about herself, but be thankful that you are able to bring another life in this world. you can find another name hon!
    Anonymous

• why should it matter? she's uncreative- you shouldn't feel that you're at a loss. If that is the name you like, use it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• That is so messed up. I hate when people steal your baby names, why cant they come up with their own??
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 10:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I would still use it, Spell it different and I'm sure you were going to use a different middle name.

RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• that is not nice, but not worth fighting over! pick a new name and keep your month shut until delivery
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Use it anyways and if anyone says anything just say how flattered you were when your friend chose the name YOU came up with. But that is really low of her IMO
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• it was mean of her to do that....but don't be upset sweety i'm sure u'll think of a beautiful name for ur beautiful baby
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I would be really upset - finding the perfect name for your baby is something special, and having the one that's just right "stolen", especially by someone close...I'd feel kind of robbed. I would feel like it took away from the special feeling that I had connected to it.
    If I were you, I wouldn't get to into it if you want to keep the friendship, but only because she already named the kid and there's no going back from that. If there was nothing else that sounded right, I would still use the name, and if she takes issue with it, that's when I would stand up for it and call her out on the fact that you picked the name first.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 11:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I would be pissed- especially if she was a close friend- she would KNOW better and there is no excuse. i wouldnt ruin the friendship over it but GOD... i dont even know how i would react.. that is like a slap in the face.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• That sucks! I had that happen to me and I was upset too. You can still use the name, but if you are anything like me she ruined the name for you... Hopefully when you see your beautiful baby the right name will come to you and it won't matter whether or not it is the same name. She can just DEAL if you do decide to use the name.

good luck

MokaMommy

Answer by MokaMommy at 12:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2010