Was this wrong of me?

I just saw the question about hubbies having no friends which got me thinking of what I did last week. My husband said he was going to a friends b-day party but apparently I wasn't invited. So I screamed and cried like a child until he just said he wouldn't go. I was highly offended that this b-day party was so important that he was going to go without me. Was that a jerk move on my part?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, call me selfish but I would not have wanted him to go if I was not invited. Futhermore my husband would not have gone somewhere that I could not go too. We are partners. I don't think you were wrong.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• IMO yes it was.

I'm a mother, I understand wanting to get out of the house... but I DON'T want to go hang out with my hubby and all his guy friends!
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt have thrown a fit but it is pretty messed up that his wife was not invited, whats up with that??
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 10:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• umm honestly maybe i think it may have been a little immature...does he go out often without you? if not then i dont see anything wrong with him going to a friends party without you if you trust him. mine goes out at least twice a month to hang with hus buddies...i dont always like it or what time he comes in but i let him go bc he deserves some free time just as i do.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Exactly rochellecole. That's what the fit was about. Why the heck wasn't I invited? So I threw a fit and kept him home.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it was childish and immature. You're not going to have the same friends, and maybe it was supposed to be a "guys day" or something. Guys need to have social interaction just as much as women do. We're all humans. We're all primates. That means we're all social creatures.

Personally, I like most of my husband's friends. I enjoy when they hang out at our place or when there is a get-together. However, if he's invited on a "guys night" all I can say is, "Your limit on spending is $40." And let him go.
    Anonymous

• My husband probably wouldn't have gone because it was it was rude to not invite his wife and that would have been a decision he made on his own, no fit neccesary. The fit was a little silly, but I understand feeling offended.
    Anonymous

• I would have been mad that I was not invited but I would have been pushing my SO out the door(after 5 min of bitching about being home w/o him). I hate hanging out by myself(as in the only adult) but sometimes he really needs to go. :)

RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• it was a little extensive.....but i would be a lil upset if dh was going to bday party I wasnt invited to?...how weird is that...all our friends know we're together so they wouldn't ever just invite him alone...and if they did, i'd be a lil upset.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• yes it was he needs his time with his friends as do you...... even if you couldnt go you still should of let him....
    Anonymous