Have you Lost any Weight Lately?

How many of you have tried every conceivable diet out there and either still cannot lose the weight or have gained it all back? I'm interested in hearing your story.

Shophealthy

Asked by Shophealthy at 10:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, I gave up fast food for Lent and have already lost 4lbs in a week! Crazy because I didn't think I ate it all that much to begin with. I'm hoping to stick with this as well as exercising more. I still have many more lbs to go.
    Anonymous

• I have been on that rollar coaster and I finally found something that works, I even went off it completely for two weeks, then had about 3 weeks of not great eating after that, and amazingly I didnt gain it back I was shocked. The secret quite honestly is not going on a diet, it is to learn to eat healthy and eat the right combinations and types of foods. I still have 53 pounds to go but I have maintained my current weight loss for over two months and that includes the weeks i fell off the wagon.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I fluctuate up to 10 lbs in either direction day to day - related entirely to how much salt I take in, so in a sense, I lose weight about 4 times a week. Right now I'm trying to get rid of about 20 lbs that crept on while I've been sick. I haven't been in my normal routine since about Christmas because I can't shake this bug. Honestly, what works for me is doing sparkpeople.com and making myself work out no matter what. I don't use their pre-set meal plans - I only eat things I like, and just make sure I track everything and keep in my daily limits. I also only work in realistic goals - aim to lose 2 lbs a week, and never weigh in more than once a week. I also take measurements once a month, and those show the progress far better than the weighing does anyway. Originally, I lost 300 lbs with bypass, and that was a cake walk. The trick is keeping it off, and surgery does nothing to help that, it's all diet and exercise.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• NotPanicking is so right, measurements are a much better way to go. I weigh in once a week, but for awhile at the start i was so excited i kept getting on the scale and i had been down 8 pounds then went back up 3, but of course i was wearing a size smaller jeans. I was so confused lol till i figured out i was building muscle and that needed to lower my sodium intake. luckily i lost that 3 pounds lol and more :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I have lost about 7 lbs in the last week.I am not doing anything outragous.Its just diet and excercise.I havent lost any inches though:( but that will come in time I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• What are you selling?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• well im starting a work out on monday during a fitness challenge here online and starting a nutritional supplement to help boost my weight gain and health. i know itll work it worked for others so its finally my turn to go..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Been there, done that. When I started menopause, I gained 20 lbs ... then over the next few months I gained another 10. NOTHING I did helped, then someone introduced me to Beachbody. I started doing the workouts and the weight came off and stayed off. I was so impressed I became a Beachbody Coach.

Then I found out I had high cholesterol (almost 400), blood pressure and blood sugar. My Dr wanted to put me on all these meds. I told her to let me try to handle w/ diet & exercise first. I combined my Beachbody exercise program with Beachbody's Shakeology- nutrition shake because the "test group" had reported decreased cholesterol levels. Long story short .. don't need BP & BS meds .. and cholesterol is down almost 100 points. ... read my complete Shakeology story on my journal here.

I'm sold on Beachbody and it's products and I'm helping others get healthy & getting paid for it !
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2010