my 1 year old is off the hook!

all he does is scream when he does not get his way and nap time is like the world is coming to an end. i have tried everything i know... any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 10 1/2 months and the nap and bedtime is just like that. the temper tantrums just stay calm and stick to your guns so he sees it isnt working. ignore as much of it as you can and hoping it ends soon.
    God let it end soon
    please?
    lol I also have a 15 yr old and he tried the tantrums for a short time, but gave up when he saw all it did was make me look at him like he was nuts and go about my business. he got bored yelling all alone and would come be nice. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Keep up that you are the boss, maybe try to set a nap time rutiene like you have your bedtime rutiene. After lunch I cuddle on the couch with my DD and watch My Friends Tigger and Pooh. She is usually out with in 15 min, but sometimes she takes her nap right before lunch.

RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• This is going to soung real crazy.....but.....the next time he throws a tantrum about a nap....lose your freakin mind.....lie down on the floor and throw a gigantic tantrum...... he is seriously goin to stop crying and look at you like you are nutz. then you can say...mommy sorry but mommy needs a nap...and ask him if he wants to nap with u!
    aprildawn27

Answer by aprildawn27 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Answered at 8:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 by: aprildawn27

This is going to soung real crazy.....but.....the next time he throws a tantrum about a nap....lose your freakin mind.....lie down on the floor and throw a gigantic tantrum...... he is seriously goin to stop crying and look at you like you are nutz. then you can say...mommy sorry but mommy needs a nap...and ask him if he wants to nap with u!

LOVE this answer! lol
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When he is upset, you need to hug him and reassure him and let him know how much you love him. I strongly recommend Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves by Naomi Aldort; you should be able to find it at your local library. You can learn more here: www.naomialdort.com

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• The Mommy tantrum works wonders! My son did the same thing. He stopped beating his own head on the floor and just stared at me like "what's your problem?". We had ran out of juice and It was milk or "City punch" (good old tap-water). He finally took a cup of milk when I told him that I was upset that we were out of juice too, but we had to drink milk until daddy got home, lol. I had to throw a fit 3 times and now he only does the pouty face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2010