GOD SPEAKS TO US THROUGH DREAMS RIGHT?.................

I HAD A DREAM THAT I WAS SPEAKING IN FRONT OF A MID-SIZED CHURCH THE DREAM WAS VERY VIVID ONLY I WAS JUST STANDING IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH LOOKING AT THE CONGREGATION AND EVERYBODY WAS PRAISING GOD AND REJOICING HIM.

WAS THAT JUST A DREAM?
OR WAS GOD TALKING TO ME?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It could be both. It could just be a dream or God might have been trying to tell you that he thinks you should be spreading the good news! Try getting more involved with your church, or maybe talking to a few friends about God. Before you go to bed tonight pray to God and tell him that you want him to show you what to do. Ask him to give you strength to do his work and ask him to make clear your path in your dreams so you can do his works. God has spoken to many people in their dreams. Many stories in the bible give great examples of this. I wish you luck and I pray that god will show you what he wants you to do! Good luck!

Coolpeasmommy

Answer by Coolpeasmommy at 12:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I agree with PP, it could be either. I'm not one to assume dreams are omens, although I believe they can be. Only time will tell. On the other hand, it could represent something that is already happening in your life.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• give it some time life will happen and you might relive your dream, go to a Baptist or Bible believing church kay? Are you a believer yet listen to Third Day Group song please
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I trust the Bible so I'd say, while God has used dreams to communicate, this was always for the larger outworking of His purpose. He didn't use dreams to answer prayers or guide individuals for their own sake. Even if a dream was interpreted and what was predicted by the interpeter actually happened that one was to be put to death (to protect His people from being led into false worship). God allowed no room for doubt (in the interpretation or the validity of the interpretor used) in the few cases where dreams were divinely prophetic.

"“Here I am against the prophets of false dreams,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “who relate them and cause my people to wander about because of their falsehoods and because of their boasting. But I myself did not send them or command them. So they will by no means benefit this people,” is the utterance of Jehovah." - Jeremiah 23:32 (also Deut.13:1-5; Zech.10:2)
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 5:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No. Dreams are you subconscious mind bringing your emotions to your attention while you sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We are definitely entitled to receive personal revelations in regards to our own lives, or the how we parent - basically just things we're directly responsible for. It sounds like your dream was just about your own life, so it could have been a personal revelation.

I think you tell when dreams are divinely inspired the same way you tell if you're having thoughts that are divinely inspired.

You learn to identify when the Holy Spirit is confirming something as right because it comes with that combo of clarity in the mind and peace in the heart. It's far from that feeling of confusion that comes when something is wrong or not of God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes God does speak to people in their dreams. Ask God to show you what it means. Also I really suggest being careful where you share your dreams. This R & B forum really is not the best place as you will get people discouraging you and telling you negatives. Be wise in what you share because you will get responses from all walks of life that may end up confusing you even more. I encourage you to share dreams to someone in your church that understands dreams. Its biblical to interpret them. Joseph was a dreamer but shared them with his brothers and ended up in a pit because his brothers were not liking the dreams. Yet God used that for His glory and Joseph ended up interpreting the baker, the cupbearer and potiphers dreams. So be wise :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Were you nude?

I'm usually nude in my public speaking dreams.
    Anonymous