Freaked out

I was outside talking to my hubby on the phone tonight and I saw this guy walking down the road, well then he plopped down right infront of my yard and I asked him if he was ok and he didn't respond, didn't even turn around and look at me. Well then he walked a couple houses down and opened their gate, knocked on their door and then fell over on their porch. I called the cops because I was concerned but too afraid to go check myself. He got up and walked back out the gate and the cops cam just then, he got taken away in an ambulance. I don't know if he was drunk, on drugs or if something was wrong, but now I'm afraid he's going to get mad that I called the cops and know it was me. One of his friends came running down the road asking if he was ok, I was the only "nosey neighbor" outside, so I hope they dont know it was me. Am I just being too paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Obviously something was wrong with him. He wouldn't have gone in the ambulance if he didn't want to (they can't force you). So he needed help. I think you are scared because of this incident, but I don't think you need to fear retribution. But I would keep the doors and windows locked, just because you don't know what was going on.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It sounds like you might have saved his life. Good for you for being a "nosey neighbor"!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes you're being paranoid. He likely won't remember you. And he obviously needed help for whatever was wrong with him and calling 911 got him help. That may have been what he was looking for going up to houses who knows?
    And nobody is going to tell him who called anyways so just relax.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I give up. Why are you concerned about calling for help for another human being?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Because I don't know if he was drunk or on drugs. If he had something on him, he is most likely going to jail once he's released from the hospital. Druggies are scary people and do really crazy things. I just thought it was weird if he was looking for help, why didn't he answer me when I asked him if he was ok when he was sitting infront of my house? Then instead of going to the persons house right next door that had all their lights on and no gate, he went through someone else's gate that has a dog in their yard, all their lights were off. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Anonymous