Why aren't gay guys masculine like straight guys?

Yes, I realize how stupid this question probably sounds. But I don't know ANY gay people. And I don't understand why gay men are so feminine. Whether you like guys or girls aren't you STILL a GUY? I realize there are feminine straight men too, but not on such a LARGE scale. Is it an act? or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know 3 gay men that I went to high school with & none of them act "feminine". And to further blow this out of the water, my brother is a cross dresser. When he is not dressing as a woman, he is a very masculine man. He is a construction worker!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• OP here: sorry about the double question...when I posted the first one it said "no posts is here" or something like that...so i thought it didn't post. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• There's plenty of research pointing to soy as a possible cause of homosexuality. Giving a baby a bottle made with soy formula, is like giving them the equivalent of at least 4 birth control pills. It's also been proven to stop the development in the part of the brain that makes male babies "male".  This makes perfect sense to me and would answer the very question of why gay men act so feminine.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Then how come breastfed boys are gay too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Nobody said it was the ONLY way you can end up gay.  Studies have shown a possible link between soy and homosexuality. It's certainly not the ONLY link.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• As a matter of fact... There's a book that's written by a psychologist (the name is escaping me right now) who claims to have "cured" many people of homosexuality. He says that his patience come to him wanting to be straight. He says there is no scientific reason (no gene etc.) that causes homosexuality, but rather, it's a choice or a sort of chemical imbalance. He finds that a vast majority of his patience were sexually abused as children, or were raised without fathers etc. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Maybe you should get to know some homosexuals then. Not all of them are flaming fembots. Just like not all lesbians are butch. There are some gay guys I know that even my Gaydar did not detect. Don't worry, being a homosexual is not contagious. They won't bite. Time to come out of the house and enter the real world...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well it's pretty obvious you don't know any gay people since you are making assumptions and using a common stereotype. I have plenty of gay male friends who are very masculine. Maybe you should try and befriend some and learn about the lifestyle instead of just listening to what you hear about or read. Good luck!

And to anon 2:45, you are a moron. I don't know any gay people, myself included, who didn't have loving fathers and were molested as children. We are very happy living the gay lifestyle and don't need to be cured. You are the one that needs to be cured of hatred and God knows what else that is evil within you.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Every gay guy I've ever known has been very feminine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• OP here: Well I have no desire to 'befriend a gay person' just because they are gay...that would make me a pretty crappy person. And on top of that, it's not like I avoid gay people..>I do not KNOW any. And it's not like people wear signs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2010