If you can't afford kids, why have them?

Why are people having children if they can't afford them? I mean in this day and age where there are contraceptive devices EVERYWHERE women are still getting pregnant and then standing in line at the welfare office for either money or food. I understand needing help when unforeseen circumstances occur, but, to have them with the expectation that the government (we, the taxpayers) will pay for them is completely selfish and ludicrous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well guess what? The only person you can control is yourself. I dont like a lot of stupid stuff people do, but I cant stop them. So I choose to ignore what is none of my business. I cant fix it so why worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I don't believe in waiting until you can "afford" a child, because that may never happen. But there is a point where people are so broke they can't even feed themselves and it's not fair for them to bring a child into this world. I won't lie, I've had three kids and every time I've been on AHCCCS. I only use the insurance though, I've never gone for food stamps or money. I just can't afford the insurnace myself and paying to have a baby out of pocket definitly wasn't going to happen. If I would have waited until I could afford insurance to get pregnant in the first place, I'd still be waiting. Some people have more kids to get more assisance though, and that is just ridiculous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I agree with the insurance part, if this country didn't allow insurance companies to rob people then we would not have to resort to governmental insurance assistance, but, the food part and food stamps and the section 8 and all the other stuff that make people lazier to earn some hard earned money that I don't agree with....unless there are obvious reasons, but, not for pure laziness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It's called lack of morals, responsibility, good judgement, and a pervasive, disgusting sense of entitlement. It's too bad young men and women have no one to whom they can look up to these days on how PROVIDE a loving home for their children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• your a judgemental person. and you will pay for sins. may God be with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• To piss you off! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Who cares if the poor lady down the street wants a baby, she has just as much rights! And the whole debate about government assistant is getting old. Its here and thats not going to change. If you hate it that much then stop paying taxes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I wish I could have more children, my husband & I have one child, but unable to have more. We have been trying to adopt for a year, with 4 failed so far. We have spent thousands of dollars, trying to complete our family. I just dream about the day I will finally hold my little princess!!!

But, it really hurts when women have 3-8 kids, that she can't take care of or doesn't care about them. they can keep their legs together, get BC or if they do get pregnant, look into adoption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It isn't usually someone's FAULT, but rather their circumstances. They might have been born poor and have been struggling to get out of that for years. But it's their human right to bear children, so women start their families and hope-work for the best.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yeah I'm with you, it's annoying to those of us who ARE responsible enough to wait until we can afford them! We shouldn't have to pay for you to reproduce like rabbits! I think at least 90% of people on welfare are either lazy or some how mentally disabled and I don't believe either of those types should be having children. If you're on welfare for more then a year or two of your life then you should have to be sterilized to continue to collect it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2010