Vasectomy

has your SO gotten one?

Did you get pregnant after he did? DH is getting one, and I just wanted to see what the chances are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yup Dh had one a few years ago. I havent gotten pregnant yet, its been 3 years if i am counting right lol. I have known people who where conceived after their fathers got vasectomys but it isnt as common now, it can still happen so make sure your DH does all his follow ups gets his sperm count tested like he is supposed it and follows all the after care rules. It is pretty simple my DH was awake for the whole thing and he was there maybe 2 hours total? That included the time it took for us both to sign the paperwork agreeing to have it done and the procedure itself.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• DH got one about 7 years ago. No more babies. My dad got one a long time ago. No more babies. Various Uncles, None of them have ever failed. I don't no anybody personally who has ever gotten pregnant after. Don't worry about it. Oh but you do have to continue to use condoms until you send the sample to the lab and confirm that any remaining "little guys" have existed the building. A significant amount of sex is required to clear the pipes.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• My husband had his done 12 years ago, no baby.....BUT the key is that he needs to have a "clean count" after the vas. That means that there should be NO sperm (swimming or not swimming) left at all. If you have unprotected sex before he gets a complete clean count, you can get pregnant. Otherwise, the chances of a vas. spontaneoulsy reversing is slim to none.

As for getting to a clean count, that means that either you guys have lots of protected sex OR he takes care of himself a lot.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• From what I understand, vasectomies today are done differently from the way they were years ago. I don't remember the specifics but when DH had his a few years ago he had explained to me the way the Doctor did to him that they are done differently. I don't know anybody who has gotten pregnant whose Husband has done it in the past 9 years but I do know that a friend of mine and her sister are vasectomy babies.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I've known a lot of men who have gotten them and have only heard of a story from a friend. The wife got pregnant and the husband left her insisting the baby wasn't his because he had that done. Well he wound up getting with someone else before waiting for a DNA test and bam, got her pregnant too. Bet he feels like an ass huh? My husband will be getting one soon too, but I'm not worried about it, chances are really slim of that happening, but of course in rare cases, it does happen.
    Anonymous

• No, he is not getting one. My dad had one, before I was conceived, so uh, it didn't take. He had to go back.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2010