Staph infection! Help!

My son had a smallish boil on his knee. It just didn't look good so I took him to the doctor. They said it was probably staph and to give him Keflex four times daily and use moist compresses. Well, it is worse. his knee is all swollen and puss keeps draining out. It has been less then 24 hours on the medicine. He does NOT have a fever or red streaks. I am concerned due to it being on his knee of joint involvement. Have you ever experienced this and what do I do??

Whatkids

Asked by Whatkids at 2:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Health

• Good morning. When my DD was 2-3 she had a horrible case of the staph. It is good that the site is draining on it own and I would continue to try and keep it draining. That of course is the only way to get that infection out. I would just keep doing what your doing. I wouldn't be concerned until he starts running a fever and the staph bump starts looking worse instead of better. Hope he gets to feeling better!!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 7:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2010