sleeping through the night

my dd goes to bed at 7-8 and wakes between 2-3 thats around 7 hours is this sleeping through the night not complaing just curious my dd is 3 months

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 3:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no matter what you do, she's not gonna sleep through the night that young. If she's bottle fed she'll sleep longer, or if she's not try giving her a bottle before bed only. And 7 -8 is way too early for a baby who takes naps through the day. Make it 9 or 10 and give her a bottle, you'll pray for me...
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Some people will tell you yes, that's sleeping through the night. For me, I don't consider that sleeping through the night, but when my kids were that young I woke them again at 10-11 and bfed them again before I went to bed so that they would sleep through MY night.

Answer by missanc at 7:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• The 'experts' consider sleeping 5 hours through the night.

Your baby can change. It's normal for children to wake at night until they are 3 or older. It is a survival mechanism to make sure they are next to mom and safe. That's why it is so hard to make most babies sleep alone in a crib. Human babies are supposed to sleep with their mothers and nurse at night. That's how humans have always been and how most humans are today in the rest of the world.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Five hours is considered a "sleep through". It's likely to change after this growth spurt is over (babies grow in their sleep so after a growth spurt feeding frenzy they tend to sleep more). It's more common for babies to wake every 3 hours (sometimes more if in a growth spurt).
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2010