Scalp psoriasis?? need help deciding from people with experience.

i've had scalp psoriasis in my scalp since i was about ten,so its been about 12 years. Its shifted from place to place, In recent years its now completely covering the back of my head. Nothing on top, and only in areas covered with hair, nothing on neck or skin. I used to use treatments when i was a kid, but stopped growing up as creams only made it shift and not go away. So any suggestions, its just so stressful! Like life doesn't throw enough crap at you, I gotta deal with something like this... Anyone fond of any good medications or treatments, I will very much appreciate any answers. Thank you.

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 3:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Health

• My dad has has this all over his body for years and years. He use to use embril they are shots you put into yourself once a week and that worked great for him but after a few years his body got use to them and he stopped using them and it came back. Recently he started using something called humara( i think its called) You should talk to your doctor if it really bothers you. It will only get worse and keep moving around.my dad use to have skin everywhere. It is all cleared up again now.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 5:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Have you tried a dietary solution? I would go with an organic vegan diet for six weeks;build your meals around fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Drink lots of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• My son had that. We got a script from the doctor & for the life of me I cant remember the name (been about 10 yrs ago). Anyway, it was this solution that the primary ingredient was peanut oil. We put it all over his head & he wore a shower cap to bed. Next morning we washed his hair & the psoriasis just literally lifted off his scalp. It was amazing. We only had to use it once & after that he used stuff called "Dovonex" for maintenance ( its a prescription too) He had it soooo bad before that & this stuff was just like a miracle for him. He used the Dovonex for about 5 yrs & finally stopped & he hasn't had it back since. He's nearly 20 now. Also here's a link you might find helpful:
    http://www.psoriasis.org/netcommunity/sublearn03_loc_scalp (sorry I dont know how to make it clickable; copy/paste)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010