has anyone done a detox? (health not drug)

I am doing a detox/cleanse,( not drugs but for health and weight loss) I read that they make you feel so much better but I am on day 2 and i want to die i feel so bad. Has anyone here ever done the Master Cleanse? Sometimes its called the Lemonade diet... I have a massive headache and feel like i have the flu! How did you deal with these symptoms and how long did they last?

LolaRae

Asked by LolaRae at 6:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Health

• I think the run down feeling on MC usually lasts 3-4 days, I have never done it but I did research it. There are videos on YouTube that people submit how they feel each day doing the cleanse, I thought about it but with a family of 5 to feed there is NO WAY I could go that long without food.
    The headache may be caused by caffeine withdrawal if you drank alot of coffee, tea, or soda before the cleanse. I stopped drinking coffee for two days because of the stomach flu and I wanted to chop off my own head, it was so friggin bad! I drank a lot of water and it helped some.
    Usually by day 7 on MC you start to feel really euphoric and energetic, but don't go crazy with it - try not to drive w/ your kids in the car, you might black out.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Oh I know.. if my daughter was here there's no way I could do this... but she is spending the week with my mom. So I am going to start now, so the food won't be an issue!
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 6:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Trouble is, your body is already a very efficient de-toxifier, and doing these things actually disrupt the natural order of it. However here is a link that might be helpful, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse says headaches are a very common symptom. Be careful, this is actually starvation with a pretty name, and the only weight you are losing is water, nothing that works this quickly has lasting results. You don't need to cleanse anything, if you want to feel great have a freshly squeezed juice every morning ( include carrot, apple, melons, berries, pineapple -anything really) It is a great vitamin hit, extra fibre and a real cleanse for you rather than a gimmick that does more damage than help
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Thank you for that, but I am also doing this for the reset, as I want to reset my eating habits and become healtier and from what I understand this is a good way to retrain my system... it seems to be working already aside from the headahces I haven't craved much other than celery for some reason ( i hate celery lol). I have a cousin who does this every few months but she never has the headaches or anything. So I came here to see if anyone else had.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 7:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• is the idea to stop cravings?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• not so much cravings as it is a reset.. i have found the lemondae satisfies me and I am able to think more rationally about food. It os also helping me to simply focus on my life without everything revolving around food.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 2:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010