Can we now all agree that waterboarding gave us the Intel that we needed?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_security_interrogation

Early in his detention, Abu Zubaydah identified Khalid Sheikh Mohammed as the mastermind of the September 11 attacks, Hayden's statement says. Until that time, it says, Mohammed "did not even appear in our chart of key al Qaeda members and associates."According to the statement, Sheikh Mohammed also provided information about another al Qaeda operative, Majid Khan, who, in turn, identified another operative named "Zubair" who was captured in June 2003.
I provided this link again because the main point was missed: WB helped the U.S. get Intel needed to protect our country. CAN WE NOW AGREE THAT WB WAS USEFUL EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY NOT AGREE WITH IT?

pvtjokerus

Asked by pvtjokerus at 7:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am pushing this issue because many out there stated that no information was ever received after a person was waterboarded. This administration purposely tried to hide this information from the public to prove their point. The administration LIED to the American people again and said that NO information was received. Regardless, if you agree with WB, you will now have to at least concede that this method was useful and did not cause any lasting harm to the individual.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Cheney pushed this issue because he knew that this administration was lying to you. One can't criticize this man for wanting the truth to come out. If you do then you are once again missing the true picture.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Not only do I support Water Boarding, but heck, I support the use of bamboo shoots if it will get terror suspects to spill what they know--whatever it takes!!! Of course, those measures wouldn't be necessary if the terrorists just opened their mouths, but if they choose to do things the hard way, then so be it!

After all, they never seem to feel much remorse when they play judge and jury as they're chopping off the heads of "infidels" with a dull machete, now do they?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I may be in the monority but I totally support WB, or an other method needed to get vital info out of a suspect. LoriKeet.. you took the words right out of my mouth!!!
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 7:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I support it as well. The declassifying of this info brought out the truth on more than this. It also proved Nancy Pelosi knew and did nothing to oppose it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I agree, but then again, I always have. I'm just curious as to where all the lefties are on this?
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I'm all for torture. The results don't lie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I am 100% against it. My husband is military and if we use it on them, they could use it on our captured military. Where do you draw the line as to what will get you answers or lies? How would you feel if it was happening to someone you love? then come back and say you are for it.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 8:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Uhm, they do far worse things to us than waterboarding NHGal, and it's not simply in return for us WB them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• NHGal perhaps you should research some of the methods used on our POWs. Believe me, waterboarding is the LEAST of the worries of a captured American soldier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2010