Lucrative business? you bet!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/01/29/simon.ca.superstore.of.weed.cnn?iref=allsearch
These kind of stores are popping out where medicinal marijuana is legal.
For those who blindly oppose of this plant, look into its medicinal benefits, instead of the world wide propaganda against it.
Those who claim addiction are weak individuals with a reason to have a crutch, then others turn around and blame the non existing adictive qualities of the plant to their down fall. Thoughts??

Asked by older at 7:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Marijuana is a far better drug than the poisons pharmaceutical companies pump out every year for the masses. At least marijuana is natural.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I don't "blindly" oppose this plant, but thanks for your assumptions that because I don't agree with YOU, I must be a lemming. I don't want drugs legalized in our country, period. I think it will open doors for other drugs to become legalized. If I wanted to live in "whatever goes as long as it feels good" kind of place, I'd move to Europe.
    Will you liberals let us maintain ANY kind of standards here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Those who claim addiction are weak individuals with a reason to have a crutch, then others turn around and blame the non existing adictive qualities of the plant to their down fall. Thoughts??

***
    Why are you pushing so hard for this? And why would anyone want to find out if they will be the kind of person for who smoking marijuana will become addicting and lead to their downfall? I have always been very athletic (a competitive swimmer for more than 25 years) and prefer to breathe what I believe to be fresh air, not pollute my lungs with smoke and byproducts of smoking. But that's just me.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Ladies, I am refering to medicinal marijuana, anyone read the link?
    Anon, I am not assuming anything about you, I do not know you, there is a a population out there who has been brainwashed with propaganda on this, and never take the time to look into its benefits.

Answer by older at 7:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Lori, I have a lot to loose if the plant ever became legal, my husband is a criminal defense attorney who makes a very good living in defending these people, but I also see the benefit derived from it for others that is being denied because of its legal standing.

Answer by older at 7:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

***
    First of all, I don;t think it will ever become "nationally legal" just in the case of a few medical exceptions. But, in case it does, then as an alternate business idea, perhaps you should start looking into establishing a "marijuana cafe?!" You could even name it "The Joint" LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Lori, not a bad idea at all!

Answer by older at 7:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Lori, First of all, I don' think it will ever become "nationally legal

Remember this is what they use to say about alcohol when it was illegal.

Answer by older at 7:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Wow, older.. Why did you ask an opinionatedquestion then minimalize those who oppose it?  What are you wanting to discuss?  That your opinion is right and all others are wrong? You already answered the and generalized and categorized those who oppose at the same time. You have already minimalized anyone who may have a legitimate reason for not wanting mj legal.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Remember this is what they use to say about alcohol when it was illegal.

Alcohol was legal LONG before the brief period it was ILLEGAL.

My niece and her husband just got their Med marijuana cards in Calif. Not a thing wrong with either of them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2010