head injury? help please

i dropped my cell phone on my 2 month old baby's head. i couldn't really tell where it hit him bc it was dark but i heard a thump and he cried for about 5 minutes straight. do you think that this could cause a head injury? or if it hit him in the eye or somethin, could it cause his eyesight to be bad? i don't see any bruises or anything, but i am still worried to death!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sure it's fine. Babies are a lot tougher than we give them credit for.

As long as his pupils are good, there's no blood and he's not a lot more cranky than normal, I'd say he's fine, but if you're really worried, call the doctors office.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Your cell phone could not cause a brain injury unless it is heavy and someone threw it at the baby. If it hit the baby in the eye the baby's eye would swell.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Things to look for with head injuries with babies are one pupil being larger than the other, extreme sleepiness/being unable to wake them, or vomitting.

I'm sure your baby is fine. Just make sure he is acting normal.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:58 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Gosh, as tiny as cell phones are today, I"m sure he's fine. It probably hurt a little, but mostly scared him.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• thanks everyone for making me feel better!! he did sleep all night which is unusual but he is acting normal since he has woke up...still no bruise or swelling tho.
    Anonymous