if you cared....

if you really cared for a person who might lose their home due to financial difficulty, would you help them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends....
    1. What decisions did they make finically that cause them to get in so much trouble. Where they spending to much on wants not needs. Where they putting to much into risks. If yes to these then no. Its their fault & if they've done it before, they're gonna need some help to reslove the issues thats gonna be a tough one.

2. Were they doing all they could do to make ends meet & still couldn't do it? And just had a bad round of luck.....Then yes

The situation makes it all depends. Because honestly I've helped too many people & just been burned so it really all depends.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• If I could afford to I would.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• If I had the resources, I would do what I could.
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 8:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I have but not anymore.
    I have given so much to a certain family member with no thanks in return. They're very selfish and are never there when some one else needed them, even if it was just to talk or for a hug. I know it makes me sound like a horrible person but they chose to continue with their life in this way and so finally they are going to have to fend for themselves.

I always have done what I can to help people when they need it but if they don't show any type of appreciation or I feel taken advantage of I will no longer help them.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 8:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Since you are probably talking about big money I would get a contract. I might end up owning their home, but at least they would have a place to live. What would matter more than how much I cared about them and even how much I was able to help would be how fixable the situation was. If they were upside down in their mortgage it might be better to walk away. If medical bills were killing them financially and I could save their house I would.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No. Life is full of adventures. That person might have a great adventure life has to offer once out from under the burden of the house he/she can't afford anyway. I lost everything I had a few years back. I was upset until I realized my life was better and I am much happier out from under the responsibility of all that material stuff. Sometimes we have to learn from what life sends to us, good and bad.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• as a friend yes, I have been there and done that. . . in both places as the one who needs the help (and no one helped) and as the helper. Life is full of adventures and you know sometimes it is just as much help to have someone to talk to who understands how you feel and the trouble you've seen. . .
    Anonymous

• If i could i would try and help but i couldnt put myself in the same position to help them! And it also depends i wouldnt help them if they wernt trying to help there selfs but if they were really trying i would do my best to help out
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2010