Do you think it is ok to put a keylogger program on your childs computer? Would you do/have you done it? Which one would you recommend?

dcmlfd

Asked by dcmlfd at 8:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Why don't you use password protected parental controls instead?
    I would never use a keylogger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Agree w/parental controls..they work very well. And have the computer in a downstairs room facing out so that you can see as you go by and stop for a minute to see what's so interesting to your teen. Works for us...also we eliminated AIM instant messaging because some links were coming thru from others that were inappropriate. They want a conversation they use the phone.
    Anonymous

• Exactly agree with Anon:22.

We don't allow either Yahoo or AIM IMs. But for 13-17 yr olds....Facebook is a great safe chat because only their friends can chat with them.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I haven't used it yet, but probably will in the future.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• We have thought about it. I think you can read online reviews on amazon.com for most items that you can buy. I am not against using them but maybe you could try the aforementioned things first unless there is already a problem. Kids are starting to use Myyearbook.com now. I guess it is like Myspace but not facebook. My 17 yr old met a boy from Indiana on there so I had a talk with her about not giving out her address and all those other predator things. She talks to him on the telephone and she talks to him in front of us, not just in private. I did not know she was on it or anything about it. She just left it up on the family computer and then one time she was talking about something he said and I asked where she met him and she told me. If she did not tell me or I saw it I may never have known. A keylogger would have prevented that though. Just sayin'.
    28yroldgranny

Answer by 28yroldgranny at 5:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• any sort of these programs can be cracked. and if your loved finds out their gonna hate you to hell.
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Answer by ummmmmmmmmmmmmm at 5:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2010