What after school activites do you get involved in?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 9:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I was a single mom with 3 sons and I tried to keep each to 3 activities. We homeschooled and that may be more than kids that go to school have time for. They were in scouts, baseball, basketball, soccer, kickball, tennis, golf, gynastics, diving, 4H, and short courses offered by the university I was attending. We were involved with a homeschooling group.

I think scouts was the most important. Tennis and golf are great sports to get kids involve in when they are very young. They will play these the rest of their life. My two oldest both started playing on par 3 courses when they were 3. They loved it!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I'm a single Mom with two boys, 7 and 3 years old. My 7 year old was in boy scouts and hated it. He's back in Soccer. I will allow each child one activity per season after school. Any more than that is too much for my situation. Every situation is different and when they get older, who knows maybe they will do everything under the sun! He tried t-ball one year but was bored with it because he likes things that keep him moving---which explains why he likes soccer so much!
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• None
    Anonymous