heels during pregnancy?

I want to be fashionably cute since ill be pregnant during the summer. and the stars are always in gorgeous dresses and stilletoes. is it safe to wear heels?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 9:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your body releases a hormone that makes your ligaments stretch during pregnancy. This makes it so your pelvis gets wider. It can also cause foot problems. Increased weight is also bad on your feet. You can start having problems with things like plantar fasciitis.

I started having problems with my second pregnancy. After my son was born I had to have both feet in casts and start wearing orthotics and special shoes. I was only 28 and I am now 53 and have been having problems ever since. I've had casts many times. Sometimes I will have to use a wheelchair for months before they get better enough to walk some again.

I was very healthy and had no reason to believe I would have feet problems. Stars and models look gorgeous in cute flat sandals too. The supermodel Peta dated James Blunt and he was shorter. She wore flats & got compliments all the time. She has been considered the most beautiful woman in the world.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I would recommand not to. Your ankles are weak and you balnce is off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I was wearing heels all the time. The bigger I get, the worse my balance it. In an effort to not tumble down the stairs, I'm switching to flats. Your body will tell you when you're too big for heels.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You can still be cute, just pair your cute dresses and capri's with cute sandals....much safer and more comfy! You'll soon agree!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 9:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I can still wear small heels and I am 4 months. I am sure by the end of the this pregnancy though, it will be more flats and less heels. I have a few pair of flats that are incredibly cute and I love wearing them. I get more compliments on those than I do my heels!
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 9:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I don't think it's safe. Why risk falling and/or twisting and ankle to make your legs look good when you have the most beautiful baby belly to show off? Just wear a great pair of flat sandals for summer. You are going to look hot anyway. You don't need heels.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well if you're anything live me you will not want to wear heels or sandals. My feet are swollen a lot and cute sandals look so ugly on them right now. I'm glad it's still cold :-)

Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 11:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2010