Your faith and how you view other religions.

I am just curious how you (I know not every one in one faith is going to think the same) view other religions. What do you beileve and what do you think about those that beileve diffrently?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in God and a higher power. I do not however believe in religion. I believe the majority of religions were meant to control people and the way the act, think, and believe. I do not put down people that have thier own beliefs, its always good to believe in "something" and we all have free will and free choice. So what others believe doesn't affect me so why worry about it. I hope people feel the same way towards me but usually they stop talking to me when I share the way I believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• My personal beliefs are in a loving, compassionate God Who doesn't put contingencies or conditions on His grace or favor, a God Who loves all His children equally and Who has chosen for everyone to be with Him in heaven. (I'm a Christian Universalist)

I believe all of the religions are inspired by God, and relate to Him in their various ways. People are all unique and have different ways of understanding and relating to the Divine, and we all have different spiritual/etc needs that so that each of us are drawn to a different way of faith that represents and meets those needs. I believe all religions hold the main universal truth (love and compassion), and that they all have much to offer. I believe every way of relating to the Divine is equally valid, and all religions are a window into the Divine and His truth.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I think the world would be a boring place if we all believed or thought the same - I find the differences fascinating, yet the underlying commonalities even more so. I believe God created us to be unique, and that instead of trying to pressure each other to fit into one mold we should embrace this God given uniqueness and understand that God is too big to fit into one box, just as all of humanity cannot fit into one mold.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I am not religious and I find it hard to take overly religious people seriously, even in regular matters. I do respect their right to believe, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Micah 4:5 "For all the peoples, for their part, will walk each one in the name of its god; but we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

Romans 12:17,18 "Return evil for evil to no one. Provide fine things in the sight of all men. If possible, as far as it depends upon you, be peaceable with all men."

I think that sums up my answer. I love Jehovah and recognise that others won't but I do what I can to be peaceable toward everyone regardless.
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 10:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i believe everyone has the right to worship who ever or what ever they want.i do believe in GOD but i am starting to question where evil is in our lives....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Very interesting. It is only fair I share too.

I do not believe in a god. I see others beliefs almost like I would their spouse. Just because I do not want your faith (or SO) does not mean that I think they are bad. They are just not for me. But I think you must love both and that they are good for you or why would you deal with them.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I am an atheist. The only higher power that I believe in are the forces of nature, which we all yield to.

As much as I would like to simply accept religious zealots, I can not. That does not make them bad people, unworthy of friendship and mutual regard, but it does make it hard to take one seriously in all matters (not just religion) because of the perceptions that all of their views are based on what their religion deems acceptable. For the most part, that has rung true.

To each his own, I could not care less what you believe so long as it does not affect my children or myself. In the case that it does, you have me to contend with.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I feel everyone has to follow the path that makes sense to them. As long as someone is respectful of me, I will be respectful of them. I think it is far more important to be a good person than anything else. G-d made us all and I will never believe someone would be passed over because they didn't worship the 'correct' way. It is all about how you live your life.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We attend a Unitarian Universalist church. Our church believes in the inherent worth and dignity of every person AND their individual ability to find spiritual truth for themselves. We're totally fine with everything but ask that no one try to convert us or our child.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010