Is today "laundry day" for anyone else?

I hate how laundry piles up in just one week! I wait until I have at least one full load of each(bleachable whites, and non-bleachable brights, colors, and reds) before do laundry, otherwise, it's a waste of water!
And tomorrow is sweep and mop day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's been laundry WEEK around here. I've been going through everything, and since our Goodwill won't take any clothes if they smell musty or anything, I'm having to wash everything I'm giving away. It's all good clothes, they just smell musty because they've been sitting in the bottoms of my drawers for up to a year, because I don't wear them! If Goodwill doesn't like the 'scent' they'll throw the clothes in the trash!! I've got 8 bags ready to go so far.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 2:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• EVERY day seems to be laundry day at my house!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• yep I think everyday is laundry day we got 6 of us at home so almost in one day I have atleast one full load.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 9:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We just throw any clothes in together. I buy clothes that won't matter how you wash them and they will turn out ok. My kids started doing their own laundry as soon as they were big enough to get them out of the washer.

We don't have a washer right now and have to go to the laundramat. We wait until all our clothes are dirty, stuff our minivan full, and do like 20 loads on wild Wed when washeres are half price.

I can't wait until we have enough money to get a washer! It should only be a month or two more.

By the way, bleach isn't necessary and it is a harsh chemical that shouldn't be in anyone's home.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Everyday is laundry day. I always have it piled and piled!!! I have a small washer and my washer seems to run all day never do I catch up. I told DH yesterday. We are a family of 7 and I need to get rid of all clothes except 5 outfits each.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• lol laundry is about every other day for me- its amazing what you go through with a 1 year old and 3 year old. its not just their clothes, its the towels from cleaning up spills (and peepee), and the kitchen rugs that are filthy again within 5 minutes of laying them down, etc. me? i can keep my clothes clean and wear them a few times before they need to be washed, and i dont have a man to have to wash clothes for!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Gaill-you are of course entitled to your opinion. I, however, think bleach IS necessary! Especially with hardwood floors in a home built circa the 1930s. White socks turn dingy even when I sweep so that's why I only mop once a week-basically to disinfect, using...BLEACH. A small bit of bleach in a large bucket of super hot water. The bleach is NEVER in the kids' reach! My mother used to do the clothes like that, but I can't stand it! Why? Because the clothes don't get clean enough that way! They seem to stay dingy. They smell okay, but they look unpresentable!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We did laundry once a week when I was growing up, but now I do it every few days. It piles up way too much if I leave it for a week, plus we have a septic system and I don't want to put too much water down it in one day. Maybe it wouldn't hurt the system but I'm paranoid about it. I also don't like to let stains sit too long, I'm kind of obsessive about that. I don't separate clothes as much as you do, I just have whites, mediums, and darks, or sometimes just lights and darks.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Family of 5, so pretty much every day is laundry day. I try to do at least one load each day so it doesn't pile up. Towels and whites I save for once a week, but most everything else can go together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• That was my 1st thought too.."everyday is laundry day" Then I sweep ,mop, vaccume and dust every other day. Don't you LOVE it when your husband thinks you do nothing all day!!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 9:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2010