Legalization a "Liberal" issue?

For those of you who think that, what do you have to say about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9fZeMGacFo

I will link it in first answer for those who love clickies..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• (cont) Sorry, but do you know of any campaigns to get herione legalized? Are there doctors out there prescribing/recommending meth or crack, even though it is illegal? I didn't think so. That's because marijuana is different and does not deserve to be on the same level as those drugs.

It has medicinal qualities, whether you'd like to believe it or not, and when used recreationally, it is less harmful that what everyone is already using legally - alcohol. Not to mention, you never hear of someone smoking pot, getting enraged and going home to beat their family.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• personally, I know alot of conservatives who see know reason for it to be illegal.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I don't really care.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Apathy is gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• The woman in this video has a very valid argument, and I totally agree.

Answer by older at 10:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• My computer doesn't handle YouTube well, so I'm not going to clicky the linky.

However, if you are talking about legalization of MJ, I know some Conservatives and Liberals who support it, and some who are against it. I think it has to do with personal life experience, not political stance.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• That is exactly right.mancosmomma. I hate when they try to tie EVERYTHING to a political viewpoint. Smoking POT is a personal issue and I don't care! I would never smoke it but I don't care what anyone else does.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• mancos, I think it has to do with personal life experience, not political stance

Totally agree!

Answer by older at 10:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Wow! We CAN come together on something. I also think it is about life experience and being Conservative or Liberal has nothing to do with the issue. I think legalization will see more support as the baby boomer really start to age.

I don't have an opionion because I have no life experience with it. I do think it seems a little silly to spend tens of thousands of dollars to jail someone just because they had a little on them. If you are going to punish them, make it something useful..like shoveling the driveways of the elderly or mowing lawns or picking up garbage.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010