How to be content..

Christian women... I need a little help.

My husband has a job, but just took a test for another job and didn't pass the math section. It would have been the perfect position for us and would have allowed us to move back to where we want to be.

How do I be content? How to I truly convince my mind and heart that God has a bigger plan for us and to truly seek that instead of our own plan.

I know I need to have faith, it is so hard to be happy and content. Especially when we live somewhere we hate and want to be in one other place SOO badly.

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 9:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Realize that you are not alone. God says that we should have faith in him, and that he will make things happen for the better. The thing is, we are only human. Sometimes, it's really hard to have perfect faith. Though, we may try as much as we can. I have trouble a lot lately, and I truly do believe in God.
    When you do have trouble with your faith, the best thing you can do is pray for God to work on your heart, and to show you how to trust him fully. It is hard sometimes, but through Him, we always pull through.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I think you remain content by reminding yourself every day that for today, this is where God has me. He has not said you will be here forever, but you are here for today. Then, look around you for some opportunity to be used of Him right where you are. Look for a need that He can use you to meet. Look for some lonely person to whom you can bring friendship. Look for some discouraged person to whom you can bring encouragement. I personally become discontent when I begin to think in "forever" terms rather than in the "today" when it comes to the temporal life. On the other hand, when we think of the eternal home that we will eventually have with God and His people, the today seems to take on lesser importance. I think the key is in finding the balance between the temporal and the eternal.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well you said it yourself, you have to have faith and trust that God has your best interests at heart. You know how sometimes what you want is not what you need? This might just be one of those scenarios. As for how to be content, just realize that if you do love and trust God that everything you have is exactly everything you need. Whatever comes after is a blessing. When you start trying to run your own life, of course God is going to allow you to, but you'll see that the trials and hardships will come too. Leave it in his hands and pray for what you want knowing that if you don't get it, its because God has something better planned for you!!!
    DizzyLilSailor

Answer by DizzyLilSailor at 10:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2010