curious!

so i am 5 wks & SO & I had sex last night & when I went to the bathroom afterwards i wiped & there was a speck of red blood. Of course i freaked & thought the worst, is that normal? My Dr. wont see me for atleast another 2-3 wks so this is driving me crazy! pls help! thanx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes this can be completely normal.

However if it continues or gets worse call your doctor!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• thats normal, its spotting. if you had alot of blood and/or period like cramps i would say go to the emergency room. you should be ok and baby should be ok too.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Very normal, you may expierence slight spotting for a number of reasons for some time or even your entire pregnancy. You should always inform your OB, that's what they are there for or they may have a nurse line that is very helpful!
    No worries, you don't normally need to abstain for 9 months!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It could either be implantation bleeding, or irritation from having sex. If it was just light bleeding, you're okay. The same thing happened to me when I was 8 weeks along, and I was so mad when the doc would not take me in! But the bleeding lasted for one "toilet sitting", and at my next doc appt, she told me it was implantiation bleeding. Whew!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Your cervix and everything around there is soo sensitive that sometimes it becomes irritated during sex. Which can lead to spotting. If there isn't any excess bleeding or the spotting doesn't continue then it's fine. If you fill a pad, or the spotting continues for more then a few hours you shouldn't worry.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• very normal my dr always tells me that your cervix is very sensitive he always jokes you can look at a pregnant womens cervix and it will bleed lol but def. if it gets worse i would call them
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010