What do you do when your teen has mood swings?

My teens mood changes with the seconds. I am not sure what to do anymore. I've asked her if she was okay, told her she can always talk to me, try to spend quality time with her in hopes she would open up, let her do things with friends, helping her learn to drive, give her space to thrive on her own. Oh! I have taken her to the doctor, sent her to female mentors, and not we are going to try counseling. Any ideas? By the way, she is not on any drugs, not pregnant... to cover that before someone says it. Thanks for any help.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 10:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't understand why you're taking her to counseling, female mentors, and the-like. She's a teenager and that's common for teenagers. Especially in girls, because they have that extra hormone raging through their body to develop all of their lady parts. There doesn't have to actually be anything wrong to have a mood swing. It could just be that her body is doing more then she can handle at once, and it causes her to go through all the emotions quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to cancle out that something may actually be wrong. I'm just saying that it is more likely that she is just simple a female teenager. Just roll with it. Be there when she needs you and give her space when she needs it. Crowding her and trying to solve every switch of emotion will only amplify it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• What to do? You accept the fact that she's a teenager and is going through hormonal changes that her body doesn't yet understand. This is NORMAL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• What is your objection to counseling. A few sessions with someone who works with teens can make an amazing difference.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• She's a teen. That's what they do. She's fine. The more attention you give to it the more you risk making her feel like something IS wrong with her when it's not. Step back and let her grow and develop into the great young woman she is meant to be

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2010