What do you think of my hubby telling his parents right or wrong?

My hubby and I are having financial difficulties. He stopped gambling but wants me to go back to wrok full time. I have not worked in 15 years! Employers are very bleak with me telling me they will hire others that just got displaced and not me. In the meantime, my son got accepted to a tuition hs. He told his parents that I am filling out applications looking for work. He failed to tell them that he had a serious gambling problem. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• While I think he needs to owe up to his problems and you should encourage him to do so, that is between him and his parents
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I believe in honesty. He's going to make you look like the bad guy when you don't get a job which distracts attention from him and his behavior. I'd want to know if my son had a problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Might sound like a stupid question, but why is he bringing his parents in on this? Are you guys asking them to pay for your son's private schooling?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yeah, he needs to own up to his problems. But I'd say none of any of what's going on with you or your hubby is his parents business unless they are helping you out financially?
    Please tell me he has a fulltime job, and he's not just making you get one? I'd say hell no because, i'm assuming, it's HIS gambling that was the majority of what caused your financial woes?...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I think he should get a second job and I would tell his parents his has a gambling problem.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• They were helping us a little but we cut back on parties and shopping. Wht should I tell my mil? I am very close with her. I want to tell her that I am looking for telelmarketing from home like Ameriplan and that as long as he stays away from the deli and the scratch offs he will be ok. Sounds good?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• tell you mil the truth. And get him to get the second job. He is the one that made this mess now he should fix it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• sounds like his parents need to hear the truth of why you two are struggling so badly. But I would tell them in a way that won't make your husband upset with you as well. I personally agree w gammie he needs to get a 2nd job the only way people learn is by facing the consequences for the mistakes they make and owning up to responsibility if you go to work you are enabling his gambling addiction. GL
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2010