Do your kids throw food behind your back?

Only to find them later in the corner of the floor, Lately my kids (6 & 8) have been doing this with their cereal ( Pebbles, Raisin Brans, Reese's ) I am tired of picking them up as far as not noticing them right away...like the pebbles and raisin bran OMG talk about some good glue...lol once it dries up it dries up....Ugh! I have told them to stop but you know how that goes :/

Venting....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, I stay in the room with them, usually eat while they are eating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't give them it then.. If they can't eat it right they don't need to eat it!! My son doesn't he knows I would go postal on him.. lol Food is for eating not for playing with... That is just crazy..lol Either that or they would get their cereal with out milk until they could eat it right.. That way it won't stick to the floor... gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Not normally because they would be in all sorts of trouble. It has happened in the past and then they are responsible for cleaning it up (even after it is stuck to the floor...they use a butter knife if need be), they no longer are allowed to eat that food for a week and no snacks the day of the incident (or whenever I figure it out). And, most likely, they would be grounded to their rooms the rest of the day for acting like idiots. Like I said, it doesn't happen any more because that's a lot of trouble to get into for a little fun.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• What happens to them when they get caught? If my kids did that, at the VERY least, they'd be cleaning it up and be in charge of sweeping the kitchen/dining room every day for a week. They would probably be losing some well loved privileges as well.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No, well, not yet. If he did, first off, he would be cleaning it up. Second he would not be eating cereal for a while. It would be toast or dry waffles. Boring yet filling. After a few days we may try again to see if he could conduct himself at the table as a child and not a toddler.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• If mine did that he'd be the one down on his hands and knees cleaning the floor.
    Anonymous

• No, mine don't. Next thought: Why are you cleaning it up? Wouldn't they figure out not to do it if they realized how difficult it can be to clean (and that they would have to clean it)?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Nope - because they know that part of their chores is to sweep the kitchen floors at night (3 older kids - they each do it 2 nights/week). I guess if they ever did, it would be a great consequence to have to clean it up.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010