Do you and your significant other fight?

How often? About what? Do you live together or not? Children? How many? What ages?
My hubby and I have fights alot, although we do love eachother alot too so I was just very curious.

LoganAndKennedy

Asked by LoganAndKennedy at 11:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Married, have 3 boys, 13, 7 and 6. We have an occasional argument. It's usually because I'm so stubborn and get defensive really fast. It's how I was raised, so the minute I'm confronted I turn into a 13 yr old again...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Ahhh me tooo!!!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 11:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Anyone who says they don't ever fight with their SO/DH is lying. Everyone argues. It's life.

Me and DH have one 4 month old baby boy. We live together. We mostly just argue because he's a pain to get up for work, and yelling at him is the only way to wake him up. (He slept through the alarm clock for 45 minutes one day, then finally turned it off and went back to sleep, luckily it was his day off and it was just an experiment I was doing to see just how sleepy he really is.)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Married, first on the way. We have disagreements. DH tried to "get tough" this morning actually. I said, "Why are you upset?" he said, "Because you aren't doing what I told you to do!" And then we both started laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants.

We're not real "fighters." We like to play-fight with each other. If I want something one way and he wants it another, we discuss things. I get my way when my way is better and he gets his when his way is better.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• we fight all the time it'sdraining on everyone and sad I wish our home was a happier one, hope you strive to make mattersthe best that youcan
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Hubs and I don't really argue. We disagree regularly but we're both pretty straightforward about how we're feeling so everything usually gets solved before it turns into a fight. We do live together and we have a two-year-old. Most of our fights have us both trying to make the same point but wording it differently. We'll do this for about 15 minutes before one of us realizes what's happening. The last time we had a 'real' fight was about a year ago when he decided to leave me with the baby and go out of the boys while I was dead sick. In fact, I think almost every one of our fights happen when I'm physically exhausted. Guess that's just my pissy time. ;)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We do fight but never when we're together. We fight via emails AND work it out the same way so our actual time together won't be wasted on stupid stuff like fighting. I have learned over the years to pick my battles so we don't fight much anymore. I know now what he will listen to and what he'll just say "suck it up and deal with it". He doesn't like talking about things from the heart so he'll tell me to work those out on my own! lol I have a friend who keeps telling me to ask myself "what's the purpose? (of the fight) and is it worth the stress? So now I think things through before I put energy into the battle. Maybe I'm just old and too tired to fight so much anymore. We do not have children together.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Somewhat happily married. 3 kids ages 13,8, and 5. We fight a lot. Over his stupid video games. Over his not paying enough attention to the family because of said video games. We seem to fight over the same stuff and nothing really gets resolved for long. Our fights don't last long though and we don't stay mad at all. I guess it's just our way of being us.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Me and mine fight. We have been together 13+ years and have 3 girls. I have 2 boys from previous marriage. Ages 19 17 8 and 7 month old twins. We can go weeks without fighting and then it happens unexpectedly usually if there is some stress going on. We used to fight more often and were meaner to each other about it. Now it is usually about something stupid he or I says. I can be too insecure at times as well. Our fights are so much nicer now than before! we make the goal of the fight to end it. It is funny though because sometimes we will get testy with each other and one of us says "I don't want to fight." And it ends there! My hubby was 20 when we met and he is going on 34 now and he is so much more mellow. I am too but not as much as him. We are so much closer because of fighting because we know each other so well and we are more careful about hurting the other.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Married, one daughter and another on the way. We live together and in 3 years my husband has never even raised his voice at me. I guess it depends on the type of people you two are. He is very easy going. Whenever we disagree, we have a heated discussion and sometimes leave the room for a while, but we never scream or yell at each other. AND NO, WE ARE NOT PERFECT

Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 12:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010