18 yrs old sos part 2

I guess I should have stated that yes she has gotten help through counseling and has learned the ropes of it quite well, she is a first class pro at getting what she wants and the lbs she put on is due to her boyfriend and her eating out constantly and I mean like at least twice a day and then just laying around at a grandmothers house and watching movies. I get the mom issues but even the counslors say to leave the past in the past stop holding on to it and its funny because she only holds on to it when she wants something. I have talked with her about things and she sits there nods her head and agrees with everything I say
and have told her she is done threatening her sisters and she is only hurting herself by hurting her dad all the time, I see through her games and refuse to play them.. my hands are up in the air I have 4 other kids who are happy and now they are tired of her games and want her to move out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• is she pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• no not pregnant just very lazy everyone coddled her because of what her mom did , before I came here no one cleaned except the then 12 yr old _ who I fired lol and said be a kid I get along great with the other girls and they want to call me mom... they now know how to cook and clean and take care of their bodies. Even the grades are good now. I have my husbands mom against everything I do and loves to tell other family members I am bad for "her" girls. I get that she and the other grandmother helped raise the girls ... but what about letting them have a normal childhood now??? she is one who really lets the 18 yr old do anything and even almost had her move in there which of course really mad my husband mad, everyone in this family know that she will fall flat on her face when she goes to college in the fall and no one really does anything to help her just says "she is 18 what can you do/" god I am so tired of hearing that
    mom2fivehelp

Answer by mom2fivehelp at 11:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• 18 yrs old, wants to be treated like an adult, then do so. Cut her off money wise. LOCK her out of the internet (password protect all YOUR computers). Take her cell phone unless she can pay the bill. Tell her that as soon as she graduated from HS, there will be rent with utilities. If she wants money, she can either get a job outside your home OR start shutting her mouth and doing things around the house without being nagged.
    If she's so desperate to raise her sisters with her grandmother, than maybe you and their father need to figure out how to teach them a hard lesson.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010