Lots of news about the Seaworld employee (Dawn Brancheau) who was killed by Tillikum the whale. What happened was tragic, but personally I feel whales belong in the ocean and not in a glass cage for human entertainment. This whale has killed others and is obviously not happy. What do YOU think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "This whale has killed others..."

What?? Sources please...I have heard otherwise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes I agree that is a tragedy...there were only 1 more death to this the first time it happened was when an intruder broke into the tank and his body was found the next morning...I just heard this info this morning either way it is so sad and yes they need to let the whale go live in the ocean...

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes, I agree, the whale should be set free. I also read on Comcast news that this whale has killed 3 people all together.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I am surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more often really. I mean it IS a gourgeous KILLER whale...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes, the title of that article in CNN was 'killer whale kills man.' Um, hello, it's a killer whale for Chritsakes! It's like when that guy Roy from Siegfried and Roy got mauled by a tiger and everyone was like 'how tragic, what was wrong with the tiger?" Um, it was being a tiger! We humans are very arrogant to think that we can befriend these animals and that they care about us. They are animals! They don't have human feelings and human attachments and yes, some of them are predatory to humans and we should not be playing around w/ them expecting them to somehow make an exception for us!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It's called a KILLER whale for a reason. Animals like that should be in their natural habitat and kept in captivity for the profit of others. I feel bad for the people have been killed, but whales are not meant to jump and flip while living in a chlorine pool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Apparently THIS killer whale has a history, and trainers were even told to keep clear of him!

The killer whale, Tilikum, was also reportedly involved in the death of a female trainer in Canada in 1991.

Tilikum is said to have been involved in previous incidents, the BBC's Andy Gallacher reports from Florida....the orca had been one of three whales blamed for killing a trainer in 1991 after she had fallen in a pool at a marine park in British Columbia, Canada.

After [he] was sold to SeaWorld Orlando it was involved in a second incident when authorities discovered the body of a naked man lying across his back in 1999.

LINK

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• 100% agree with you, this whale had killed before, anyway why do people think they call them "killer whales"?? They knew that something was not right with the whales on this particular day. Did you also see the pictures of the same woman who got killed on top of the whale carressing it and kissing it? The same one that killed her, animals will always be animals, no matter how domesticated or trained they are.

Answer by older at 11:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I totally agree, what right do we think we have as human beings to cage another species and use it for entertainment purposes?! Honestly this makes me sick! It's abusive, wrong and inhumane!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010