• In the Spotlight:

Does it annoy you?

My husband is out of town at a work conference and has only called once. (Left Wed. morning) Not even yet this morning to see how our 1 year old daughter is. I would be a nervous wreck if I were gone, calling all the time! It is annoying how easy it is for him to be gone and not worry! Does yours do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, it does not annoy me. He was in Iraq twice and sometimes it was three weeks before I heard from him. When he was doing workups, he would be gone for several weeks and I would only hear from it once. I found out I was pregnant with our son during one of these and could not tell him until he came back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Men are built differently.
    Anonymous

• all the time. I suggest get him involved more in child's care when he's home to give you a break while you're both home and when he returns from being away. Sometimes a husband needs to be without his wife on home territory to know what its like to be left behind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Maybe look at it from his point of view, he probably is confident that as a Mother you are very capable to care for your child and if anything was wrong you would let him know. He also may have a lot on his mind with being away with work... If it upsets you then maybe talk to him when he gets home, don't take it out on him while he's gone. He will just think you're being a nag...Sorry, JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• my calls every-night and at his lunch time, just to tell me how his conference is going. Sorry to hear that, that means he is having too much fun to remember or Busy with work??

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well, we know that men will forget to change a diaper if it's not hanging down soaked with 5lbs of urine or smells stinky--so we panic when men are in charge. I'm sure he doesn't even question your daughter's well being, because she is with her Mama!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• He knows she is fine, as she is with her mommy. It wouldn't annoy me. I'd feel bad for him to have to be away at a conference that you KNOW has to be boring as hell.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2010