SAHM = SAHM slave

I know I'm home but sometimes it bugs me that hubby has lost all ability to do anything for himself. He is constantly sending me texts of what he needs done. Pick up his pills, get his fave ice cream, go trade in a game at GameStop, etc etc. I realize it's my wifey "job" but it just seems like he's gotten so lazy and treats me like a mommy. I mean he literally just goes to work and gets the rest of his life catered to him. He doesn't have to do anything except make messes, get cleaned up after, get dinner made for him, have his laundry done, relax, say hi to me and the kids before going back and relaxing some more. I mean this guy has it made!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• welcome to the club sister!! i have learned not to cater to his every need..but mine honestly doesnt work extremely hard. i know his job is stressful, but he is off at 3 pm everyday and gets 2 days off. all he does is lay on the couch and play games, or download music etc. he cleans once a month, and we dont have a washer/dryer so he still lets his mother wash his clothes every few weeks. he plays with the kids for about an hour or two, then he wants to sit and not budge. he will at least go trade most of his games himself though lol! just dont stress yourself out. give yourself a break every once in a while, and stop picking up all his trash. let him at least put his clothes up, mine doesnt even do that lmao! but i just throw his stuff into a big pile bc he doesnt!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Ha, yeah, he is totally treating you like his servant!

As a SAHM, my duties are to take care of the children, the meals, the laundry and the cleanliness of the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Stop babying him. He doesn't baby you apparently. Get him involved in housework and childcare and your care, get 'sick' with a migraine every few month. He's no more important in the world than you are.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Tell him "ok, WE can do that when you get home" Make it a family thing. He might find that doing it himself is easier than going home and picking up the fam and going back out.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You teach people how to treat you...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Talking may help. But probably not.

I'd just take my time doing it if this is how he is. Pills, maybe not. But ice cream and video games? "Oh, sorry honey, didn't have the time today." After 2 or 3 days if he starts complaining say, "Well, why not stop on your way home from work?" Make him get off his butt and do more stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yeah hubs did that for a while. I went on strike.
    Turns out he'd rather clean the litter box than do the dishes but hey! He took a couple things off my to-do list so I'm happy. And he knows better at this point than to ask me to run his errands.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I made DH a "micro-manager of the year" award. He got the point. I still wait on him pretty much hand and foot but he understands that it's my choice. AND he also understands that he has no power over my to-do list.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You are setting the rules by doing everything. Tell him he can go to game stop and do other things.

You are his partner not his salve!!!!

If you are doing everything than you need to stop that today!!!
    SHAM=SHAM slave NOT!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• If you have a problem giving(doing for your husband) then stop giving, but don't expect anything in return either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2010