bleeding 14 weeks pregnant....

i woke up this morning and it looked like i had my period, i made a dr appt already. i was just wondering if anyone else had this happen or what it is. i had shap pains in my left side last night but no bleeding till this morning...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had bleeding at around 16 weeks. Maybe not quite as heavy, but there was clotting. I rushed like a moron to the ER and baby was fine. If you are having cramping though, it could be an issue with the placenta. If your appt isn't today...I'd really go to the hospital. They have to figure out what it is before they send you home. Good luck, keep us updated!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I would have already went in to the ER.. I wouldn't call myself a moron for worring and going to the er just to be safe.. you doc should have had you in there as soon as you called.. every time I called worried they tell me to come right in!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I am 16 weeks and last week I ended up in the ER for bleeding. I sneezed and felt a gush of fluid - figured I had peed myself. I sneezed again and the same thing happened. I went to change my clothes and saw that it was blood. I went to the bathroom and it felt like I was just peeing blood (sorry if TMI). I passed a couple clots and called my doctor. Of course it was Friday evening and had to wait for the on-call person to call me back. Just to be safe, she told me to go to the ER and be checked out. They think part of the placenta may have tore off or ruptured, or blood vessels ruptured by my sneezing. The baby was fine, I am fine and the bleeding was gone in a day or 2. Still scary. I agree with the previous poster, if you appt isn't today then head to the hospital. Better to be safe than sorry.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 12:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i have an appt at 3:55 for today
    Anonymous

• if your cramping or pains worsen i'd forget about my appointment and go to the ER. Every min of bleeding there could be more potential for comlications to arise. We're not trying to scare you but really i wouldnt wait three more hours to be seen good luck hun and keep us posted!!!
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i was 12 weeks when i started bleeding like a period but not really heavy bleeding and it lasted 5 days. now im 13 weeks and im starting to feel flutters.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2010