Fussing baby

I have a 2 week old boy now and he likes to be super fussy, even though he's got a clean, dry diaper, he's eaten plenty, and we are holding him. Do I set him down and let him cry it out? I know he eventually would wet his diaper, but I feel like he should have some time to work it out. Or am I supposed to just let him cry in my ears when I hold him?

Zennie2005

Asked by Zennie2005 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 2 weeks old, I'd be talking to the doctor and seeing if there isn't something else going on. When you say fussy do you mean screaming and crying? Or just fussing? Because if he's just fussing there is nothing wrong with letting him fuss a little.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When a baby that young cries, they are trying to tell you something is wrong.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 11:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Try swaddling him tightly. He may like that. Try doing that with holding, swaying, shushing. Try gas drops. If all else fails, doctor. No need to let a 2 week old cry. There is a reason for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• At that young they are still trying to get used to the outside world so just hold him next to your chest and let him hear your familiar heartbeat. That is too young to CIO.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Could be colic if you can't get him to stop crying. NO 2 weeks is WAY too young to cry it out.. they are not crying for No reason.. there will always be a reason at this age,.. just hold your baby, bounce, swing?, loud music? vaccum?white noise? something. My son had colic for 5 months and was uncalmable for hours upon hours a day everyday.. just hang in there mommy.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Oh, please don't leave him to cry it out or "work it out". He is way too little. What can he possibly do to comfort himself? He has no idea how his little body works. Being clean, dry and full are not his only needs. He needs physical contact just as much as he needs food and a dry diaper. Hold him and just keep trying different things. Walking, bouncing, swaying, swaddling, not swaddling etc.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2010