my babys dad is black mailing me..?

My sons father is abusive and a druggy, i left him a year ago to be with another man. who is great he takes care of me and my son. Recently iv been going to court for child support and stuff and i started to talking to my sons father, anyways i cheated on my boyfriend with him and now i regret it. My sons father is threatening to tell my boyfriend unless i let him take my son for a few days at him house. i really dont know what to do i dont wanna lose my bofriend..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• You should tell your boyfriend anyway, honesty is key in a relationship. You should tell him before your sons father does.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• tell your boyfriend the truth and how you feel. Do not let the loser black mail you!!

Your son safety comes first. Do not let his dad take him.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• This is what I would do. Don't let him take your son. He cannot be trusted. Back off on going for child support and just walk away from having this man in your life in any way shape or form. Hope for the best with your boyfriend. But please don't let your son pay for the consequences of your actions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Sit down and have a heart to heart with your boyfriend. And then tell your son's father to go to hell that you are not scared of him or any of his threats.
    Even if it means that you lose your boyfriend, your child should not be the one to pay for your mistakes by being sent into an abusive situation because you are scared to tell the truth!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well if I were you I would get everything I could out of him in child support and then tell him to say whatever he wanted to! If he is viewed by others as a loser and a liar then you can work your way around the situation. Eventually though the guilt, will make you tell your boyfriend. But I'm sure after going through this situation with you he will see how much you regret you decision! Keep that head up!!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I don't see why your boyfriend would believe him anyway. Especially if he's the type of person you say he is. Of course honesty is the best answer, but you could always just deny deny deny. UNLESS HE HAS PROOF :-(

Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 11:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well you are in a sticky situation but this is what I think you should weigh out - is the relationship with your boyfriend really worth letting your son stay at his "abusive and druggy" father's house? Would you really rather let your son be in that environment just to save face with your boyfriend? Tell your ex fine, do what you have to do, but you are not getting my son. Your son only has YOU to protect him. In the best case scenario, your boyfriend won't believe your ex anyway because he is abusive, he is a druggy, and you are trying to get money out of him so naturally, he would say anything to get back at you. Good luck.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Why would he believe him? The burden of proof is on your ex. Deny it, tell him he is only making it up to hurt you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2010