Why do some schools take school pictures twice in the school year? (when I was a kid we used to just do it once a school year...How about you)?

My kids took their school pictures for the fall and now they are taking their spring pictures...what the heck they don't change much in 3 to 4 months....hmmm?

Anyway the reason for this was bc I just sent out their fall pictures to the families I am like oh my god I can not believe I have waited this long to send them out and here they'll be getting their spring pics soon and then I'd have to send them out or maybe not just keep them for me...

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter's school does that, I only purchase them in the fall and don't bother with the ones in the spring.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We don't have that. But we also have the right to not to buy the pictures if we don't want to. I'm sure it is to just make more money for the company's. Hopefully you don't have to buy them if you don't want too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We have the option to purchase school pictures twice. Fall and Spring. They only do class photos as a group in the spring. They do individuals both times. When I was in school, we did group and individual within about 3 weeks of school starting, in one day. But, to be fair, my son has a year book from Kindergarten and I didn't get year books until 6th grade.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• My nephew's school does that also. When I was a kid, we only got one picture a year also.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I wondered the same thing. Also, why do they send the entire package home? I don't mind seeing a proof or something before I buy it, but the entire package of pictures? Seems like a waste of resources to me. Sometimes I only want to order a few wallet pictures.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We don't buy the school photos but instead go to Walmart for them. Much cheaper and the kids actually get a bunch they can hand out. They're still taken for the year book but we don't have to pay for them plus the ones at Walmart we get to choose the background and eye's shut, weird faces, etc are just a simple matter of a retake then and there.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• My son is in kindergarten, so this is my 1st year dealing with this, but yeah, they do spring pictures too. I bought fall pics and bought the group pic taken in the spring. If I buy any individual spring ones it'll be a very very small package. I have tons of pics of the kid, so I just don't see the point.
    Anonymous

• In my kids school the spring pics are as a fundraiser and they are OVERPRICED
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• they just want to make more money off you ... the schools usually dont get any money from pictures (that i have seen working in schools) the lifetouch and other companies make insane profits off school pics.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It's a fundraiser. If they do it more often, they make more money.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2010