how do i tell a friend i don't want to go to a club?

im a christian and i don't drink anymore, my friend just asked me if i want to go to a club saturday through a text message, how do i tell her i don't want to or can't without sounding like a complete dork? please no critisisim and preferibly a christian answer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• simply tell her in a polite way, that you'll not be doing things like going to bars/clubs from now on. If she asks why, give her your reasons.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You just say I don't want to go but thanks for the invite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Suggest to go somewhere else Saturday.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Just say.."I';m not into drinking and partying anymore..Maybe we can do lunch some time .."

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Can you not go to the club without drinking? I've never been, so I wouldn't know...

Anyway, just say no thanks. If you want to lie about it, say you have something planned already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well just because you can't drink anymore doesn't mean you can't go out! Being a Christian shouldn't limit every aspect of your life. As long as you are going with the intention to have a clean and safe good time I wouldn't worry too much about a night at the club. But if you feel as though it would hit you in a weak spot just let her know that you are vulnerable right now and it probably isn't a good idea!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Just tell thanks but no thanks I'm going to a movie or something else.

Or just tell her the truth!! That is what we Christians should do :)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Are you ashamed of your newfound beliefs? Why not just tell her the truth, regardless of whether it makes you sound like a "dork?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• just right out say that you have turned into your proper christian way and that also includes not drinking and hitting the clubs and that it would be nice if she would invite you to do anything else like shopping or whatever your list includes. you will have to right out tell her one day, you cant keep coming up with excuses if this is your first invite so you might as well come out with the truth.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• im a alcoholic and i can"t be around it but i dont want her to know that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2010