Do you own a Steam Vacuum and which one would you recommend?

I am looking to buy a Steam vacuum because my carpets are super dirty from two kids and animals. I dont want to spend a lot of money but still want something that works great! Any suggestions on which ones work good? And are they really worth spending the money on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a Hoover brand shampooer. When Circuit City stores went out of business I got mine for 75% off. I wanted a Bissel bc the Bissel attachments for upholstery are SOOO nice. I used a lil green steam machine by Bissel and got Sharpie marker out of a microfiber couch. Unfortunately, none of those were on sale when I bought my machine and price was a factor.

Get one with a heating system. Some are only hot if you put hot water in the tank.

Do you have Home Goods in your area? They sometimes have them for half price.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No I dont have a Home Goods near me. But thanks for your help :)
    Anonymous

• I have a Bissell steam vac and I love it. It's the blue one from Wal-Mart and it has paid for itself many many times over. I have had it 5 years and love it!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• go with hoover. I used to sell them and the bissel that has the clean water and dirty water in the same tank with a "bag" seperating them was awful it always looked dirty and hard to clean the tank and several people came in looking for the replacement bag since theirs melted. Also get one with built in heater and use really hot water to start with it works better using both really hot water and the heater
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Suzanne, seriously people's bag would melt? It sounds to me like the people were almost boiling the water. The bags are really thick and would be very hard to melt. While I am not thrilled with the setup as far as the bag being in the container I love the performance of the cleaner. I do agree the on board heater is awesome. It does say in the directions to use hot water but not to hot.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2010