What kind of cake should I make for my baby turning 1 soon?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 11:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For both of my boys, on their first birthdays they had their own personal layer cake. We bought small round cake pans and made them their own personal 3 layer cake. Everyone else had cupcakes.  That way they could have their cake to eat/smoosh up and we didn't have to worry about them messing up the main cake.

My first son had chocolate and white cake layers, my second son had a snickerdoodle cake.

good luck with your decision!

SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 12:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• If you want to go healthy there are some recipes for carrot cakes that use applesauce as a sweetener instead of all the refined sugar. I used those for desserts every so often, but for their bday had a "traditional" cake made in a shape/design that matched the theme of their party. #1 - jungle cupcakes (monkeys, tigers, and elephants), #2 - dalmation puppy cake, #3 - ladybug, #4 - sesame street

Answer by missanc at 12:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• familyfun.com usually has some great ideas for kids cakes