Am I wrong?

My Mom called this morning to see if I wanted to meet for breakfast. I told her sure and that I finish getting the kids on the bus between 9:15 and 9:30 and we hung up. After I got my twins on the bus I went to go get ready when I heard a knock on the door. My son had thrown up on him and his brother. I went and got them off of the bus, stripped them cleaned them up, got them ready, threw their clothes in the washing machine, got them loaded in the car and started down the road to take them to school (my son's medicine made him sick and he was just fine now). I picked up the phone to call my Mom when my Step-Dad called. I told him what happened and told them I would be there in a few minutes after I get the boys dropped off. Mind you the phone call was at 9:29 so technically I am not late yet. I get there and my Mom goes off on me for not calling to say I would be late. (Con't)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• No, you are not wrong. And where the eff is her concern for her grandson who threw up? She was totally out of line and should have been completely understanding of your bad morning.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I told her while looking straight at my Step-Dad that I had just picked up the phone to call when he called. She said she didn't care and that I should have called sooner. I was running around trying to get everything taken care of while cattle herding twin 3 year old boys. I attempted to call as soon as I got a chance. Also she acts like I don't have to wait on her ALL the freaking time. What really gets me is that I wasn't even late when I picked up the phone to call her.
    Anonymous

• I would have said, "That is fine, have breakfast by yourself." And would have left. End of discussion.
    Anonymous

• Breakfast isn't worth the stress. I'm sorry you had a rough morning.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 12:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Thank you. Her and my Step Dad had already eaten. I left out the part where I called when I left school to tell her my order so that they didn't have to wait. My StepDad had HER phone. My house, school and the restaurant are all within 2 miles of each other this took all of 15 minutes, I kid you not! It wouldn't be such a big deal if I did not have to wait on her ALL THE TIME! That is what really gets to me.
    Anonymous

• how DRAMATIC she is being!! if your kids are still in school by the time you got to your mother's house and you had most of the day left to do whatever you and her wanted by the time your kids got home from school....THAT is not being late!!!

she's just throwing a fit, i do it too when someone is an hour or so late...i will admit that lol but as long as you had time to spend it with her while your kids were in school is all that really counts!!!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Agree w/gramsmom
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You are not wrong, and I agree, I would have told her fine, eat by yourself. Nope, it's not worth the stress.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• ~OP, thank you so much Ladies.
    Anonymous