Drives me nutz...

I have a friend/family member who is loosing everything. She doesnt work, is getting evicted and is very upset that she and her kids could end up in a shelter. She is afraid she will loose all her stuff cause she cant afford boxes to pack. I sent her an email back suggesting she call grocery stores and try to start packing now.

BUT she is playing online games ALL DAY!! I see updates for Mafia wars all day on facebook. I am feeling less sorry for her everyday..in fact I'm very annoyed!! WHY does she have internet..I can't believe I sent her money for groceries! Sorry for the vent but u can't complain if you don't help yourself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• you are very right.......she is willing to take her kids to a shelter and not willing to find a job? dont feel sorry,,,,,,you should be angry!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Wow. I can't comprehend putting the internet and GAMES before your children and your rent!
    Anonymous

• no i get it.. how cant she pay bills but yet she is online.. unless she is doing it illegally.. but ya she should get up off her butt and pack. i never had to buy boxes when i was moving ever.. done it tons of times.. i just went to walmart and the grocery store and got boxes..all i had to buy was 4 rolls of tape for the bottom which was like 4 dollars worth at the dollar store.. maybe you should say something and tell her how you feel. she may get mad but one day she will see that you are right
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I think you should tell her that. You can do it nicely but point out that the internet is a luxury not a necessity. For all the time she spends online she could be working. Her priorities are all mixed up. Did you ask her how she plans on playing internet games from the shelter?
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Post it all over her Facebook Wall that she's wasting her time and she needs to hurry up before her and her kids end up on the street - maybe knowing that her other friends and family are seeing that will get her off her ass?
    Anonymous

• As crazy as it sounds, it almost sounds like she has an addiction problem to her gaming and the internet and it has gotten WAY out of hand.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Ugh no offence to those on facebook, but I closed my account there for that very reason. Do I really care that my cousin is outside shoveling the driveway and his and others play by play of their lives? Ummmm No, I have better things to do. I created a fake facebook account to keep family away and only use it for put a few of the shops I like on my friends list so I can see sales and such....

But yeah, definately ridiculous spending time online playing games rather than getting a job and raising her kids.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2010