we are having scratch put down today.......

our 15 year old queensland heeler. it feels like losing one of my kids......all i can do is cry.

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 12:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pets

• I am sorry to hear about your difficult decision.
    All I can say is allow yourself time to cry; whether it's for a couple hours, days or weeks. It is a legitimate loss and important for your kids to learn that grieving is natural and necessary.
    Be glad that you can give your loved one what (s)he needs. You are making the best choice under the saddest of circumstances.
    Take care.
    beanbug

Answer by beanbug at 12:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• im sry to hear that we just had to put our cat down we had for 10yrs as well....i wish you the best today
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• OMG! I feel so sorry for you. Please accept my condolences. I wish I had something profound to say that would make it better, but all I can do is offer my heartfelt sympathy. Message me when you need to talk about it.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• )hugs(       Your dog loves you for doing the best thing for him.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry. It's hard when you have to put a pet down. I was inconsolable when I put my cat down. I got him when I was 10 and he was put down when he was 14 after suffering with renal disease. It does get better after a while. I still miss him a lot though.
    Anonymous